You shall go to the ball...

06:16 Edit This 0 Comments »

Soooo, my first week in Großenaspe....
It's been a nice gentle start. The other girl in our team didn't arrive until Wednesday evening, so we couldn't start with the vision stuff until then really. Monday I had the day off, and Tuesday I had a meeting in the morning with the church leaders here, just a general what's going on type of thing. Then Tuesday afternoon, I registered, and I now have an offical piece of paper saying that I'm in Germany! Wednesday morning there was a church service for children starting school, I did a little role play thing with Maddo! I was rather nervous about that, with the German and such, but it went well :), I also used a party streamer for the first time in my life! Wednesday afternoon I had off so I went shopping!! :D Thursday & Friday we had team days, talking about vision and expectations of the year. And then yesterday I went to a ball! :D It was like a fundraising ball for Pais, and something else. That was really good fun! I don't have any really good photos though, I'm waiting for other people to upload them on to Facebook! But for now here's one
of Sarah and Avalon, the other English speakers, and one of Sarah and me! :P Funny story about them last night actually... they wanted a drink, but they wern't serving tap water, so they took glasses from the table and got water from the bathroom!! hehehe! It was quite late when I got in, so I'm pretty tired today. This afternoon there is My Coffee in the church, for young adults, and then a youth service, where I'm being interviwed! :S
Well, I guess that's enough waffle for today!
Hope you're all well! :D
Tracy x

0 comments: