It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

13:05 Edit This 0 Comments »
Okay... So my aim is to blog at least one every week, and that's clearly not happened so far. I got into a bit of a routine of doing it on Sundays and so I thought, Sunday is blog day, but then we had 2 weekends away, and I just didn't have enough time. So hopefully from now on I will blog on Sundays!

So to fill you in...
I'm having a great time! :D

We've started work properly now, and I'm working in the primary school in the first class in the mornings,(except Friday) helping the children with their work etc. Then in the afternoons (except Tuesday and Friday) I'm helping in an after school club, playing games etc and then a homework help session. I'm particularly good at English homework! :P

In the church I'm helping in the confirmation classes on Tuesday afternoons, they're quite cool. Kids here can take confirmation classes, and they last 2 years. We have around 55 first years (about 13 years old) and about 35 (I think) second years. We just had a weekend away with the first years and it was pretty awesome, we took 22 leaders and had a great weekend of fun around the theme of the book by Max Lucado called 'You are special'.

I'm also on the 'relationship team' for the youth club on Friday nights (MyPlaze), I basically have to talk to people play games with them etc. I haven't actually been to one yet though, as we've had 2 weekends away, so this Friday shall be my first!

Friday mornings we have 'Hub' which is where we meet with the other Pais teams in the area, share what's going on, have a bit of a theme and a worship time, they're pretty cool :)

In other news:
  • I've managed to wear a hole in the bottom of my shoes already! I only bought them in June! So I have 2 nice new pairs now! :)
  • I've started watching Lost with my team-mate... we're almost at the end of the first series
  • I've had a cold, but am just about over it
  • I have a violin! :) Someone from my church here has lent it to me.
  • I have tea! :D... my team-leader had some from when he went to England, and gave it to me! :)
  • Unfortunately, my English is getting worse and worse by the day!
That's all folks!
Tracy xx



P.S.
I realise the title has nothing to do with my blog post, but I couldn't think of a title... although it's probably quite apt for me at the moment! :P

0 comments: