Time To Play Catch Up

01:31 Edit This 0 Comments »
Foundational Training is now over, and I have moved in with my guest family! :D

FT was really good, we had a lot of seminars, some Christian stuff and some about children and youth work. Everyday we started with team time at 9, where we shared how we were etc and studied a bit of the bible together, we looked at Philippians and Philemon over the 3 weeks. Then we had a worship time, and then seminars till about 4/5ish. Then we cleaned. Some evenings were free, and some we had socials or ‘Pais open evening’ for anyone to come to.

I have a picture to upload! However I didn’t take it. Last Sunday, we had a social and we went somewhere... not quite sure what it’s called now. We travelled to Kiel by train and got a boat to a beach somewhere, I’ll try and find out where it was. Laboe, I just looked it up! Anyway, the picture is of some of the other Pais interns and me. I’ve never uploaded a picture to a blog before, so we’ll have to see if it works.

There is now another girl in my team! :D Whoop! She’s called Yvonne. She only rang up last week to ask if there was still room on Pais, and then she came to FT the day after. So she’s now gone back home for a few days, and will come back to Großenaspe on Wednesday me thinks.

My guest-family are lovely! The parents are called Torsten and Beate, and they have two children (twins) a boy and a girl, called Lars and Nele. They’re 9 years old. I'm getting on with them well. We went to an agricultural festival of some sort called a "dreschfest" (I think) which basically had lots of tractors! Was good fun though, and my church here had a stall up and stuff. :)

Today I have a day off! :) I think I'm meeting with my team leader (Maddo) later so sort out what we're doing the rest of the week. Wednesday we have a church service for the start of the new school year, which I think I might be taking part in! :S But we'll see!

Guess that's it for now! :)

Thanks for keeping up!

Tracy.

0 comments: