We Plough The Fields and Scatter

04:26 Edit This 0 Comments »
Hallo Hello! :)
This week has had a bit of a harvest theme! I could be wrong, but I think that harvest festival in Germany is always celebrated on the first Sunday in October, which of course is today! On Friday we had a Harvest Festival service for the Primary School here, that was really lovely; we had a lot of songs and a little play about potatoes! :) This morning was then of course the 'normal' harvest festival service, but not normal to the English! :P Well, really it's not that much different, only that people don't bring fruit and veg and the such like with them, but the children did do that on Friday, so that was all still there! :) And... what is a Harvest Festival without singing 'We Plough the Fields and Scatter' well, it was there in sorts, ie, we sang it in German! That was slightly odd but it did make me giggle that it was there at all! :)
Well, I don't think there's a great deal other to report, not much has changed really!
I'm starting something new in my blog this week, and that is word of the week! So you can all learn a little bit of German! :P
This week it's: verwirrt, which means: confused! A very important word for me to know haha!
'Till next week then!
Tracy.

0 comments: